1. Take the thawed meat out of the package and generously season both sides with kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Set it aside to rest as you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Pre-heat the oven to approximately 120 - 130° Celsius.
3. Use a large casserole/pot with the lid on and add some oil on the bottom.
4. Put the joint of meat in with one or more of; roughly chopped onions (red, white or shallots), 1 - 2 quartered gloves of garlic.
5. Then put a bit more oil on the meat and season with salt.
6. Cook the joint, at 120-130°C, for 4 - 5 hours and to make it extra tender (and if you have time) leave the joint in pot with the lid on (having taken it out the oven) over night and cook it, again at 120-130C, for another couple of hours the next day.
7. Having done processes 1 to 3 (or 1 to 4, if there's time) the meat should just fall away from the bone and can either then be used as a roast joint in its own right, or the meat can be sliced/pulled apart and used in stir-fries, pasta, burgers etc., or allowed to cool for cold meat in sandwiches.
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Get to know us...
Keep up to date with us and get some WILD inspiration!