1. Bring the meat to room temperature approximately 30 minutes before cooking. Season the venison with salt and pepper.
2. Venison is best cooked over a medium heat so add your meat to the pan just as the oil begins to smoke. You should hear a distinctive sizzle when added to the pan.
3. Cook the venison for 3-4 minutes on each side for rare to medium, 6-8 minutes for medium well or longer if desired. Rest the meat for 4-5 minutes before slicing and serving - this allows the muscle fibres to cool down, so the meat retains the juices rather than spilling out onto the plate.
4. These cooking suggestions are a guideline only as appliances & utensils may vary.
5. If frozen please defrost thoroughly before use.
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Get to know us...
Keep up to date with us and get some WILD inspiration!